Part one: Analysis of Tourist Bus' Sales Statistics in Jan.- Feb. 2013
According to www.chinabuses.com research center data, in Jan.-Feb. 2013, it sold 5,056 units of above 5-meter long tourist buses, rising by 11 percent over the bus sales in Jan.-Feb. 2012, which were 4,555 units.
Based on the numbers of the seats in the tourist buses, 30~35-seat and 45~49-seat tourist buses are popular in the tourist market, accounting for 63.5 percent of the market share, up 0.2 percent over Jan.-Feb. 2012. In Jan.-Feb. 2013, the market share of 30～35-seat tourist buses decreased a litter, but the market share of 45～49-seat tourist buses increased compared to last year.
According to the investigation of the target users, the tour groups are divided into big tour groups and small tour groups. The general big one carries about 47 tourists and the small one carries about 33 tourists. So the tourist buses are mainly concentrated in the lengths of 10～11 meters, 11～12 meters, 8～9 meters and 7～8 meters. The following information shows the sales statistics of 30～35-seat and 45～49-seat tourist buses in the first two months of 2013 in China.
Table One: Sales statistics of tourist buses in Jan.-Feb. 2012 & 2013
Sales of 30~35-seat tourist buses/Percentage
Sales of 45~49-seat tourist buses/ Percentage
Total sales of 30~35-seat & 45~49-seat tourist buses
Total sales of tourist buses
Market share of 30~35-seat & 45~49-seat tourist buses
From above data, it is seen that
1. In Jan.-Feb. 2013, among the total sales volumes - 5,056 units of tourist buses, the sales of 30~35-seat tourist buses were 1,499 units, accounting for 29.65 percent and the sales of 45~49-seat tourist buses were 1,711 units, accounting for 33.85 percent. The total sales of both kinds tourists tourist buses were 3,210 units, accounting for 63.5 percent.
2. In Jan.-Feb. 2013, the total market share of both 30～35-seat and 45～49-seat tourist buses is up 0.2 percent over same period in 2012, which shows the sales of the tourist buses is concentrated in these two different lengths buses.
3. The market share of 30～35-seat tourist buses in Jan.-Feb. 2013 was 29.65 percent, which was 0.65 percent lower than the same period of 2012 (that was 30.3 percent). And the market share of the 45～49-seat tourist buses was 33.85 percent, which was 0.85 percent higher than the same period of 2012 (that is 33.0 percent).
It indicates that the problems of the empty-loading ratio and return rate of large tourist buses are preliminarily improving. With the well development of the tourist bus market, the sales growth of the 45～49-seat tourist buses will increase bigger in 2013.
Part Two: Sales Analysis of the Tourist Buses in Main Regions in Jan.-Feb. 2013
In the regional markets concentration rate, the main sales regions of the tourist bus market is different from the city bus and inter-city bus markets, which have each own concentration regions. It shows the tourist bus market is wide and it is not limited by the economic situation.
Table Two: Sales statistics of tourist buses in main regions in Jan.-Feb. 2013
Sales in Jan.-Feb. 2013
Market Shares in Jan.-Feb. 2013
Sales in Jan.-Feb. 2012
From above data, it is seen that,
1. The total market shares of the top ten regional markets for tourist buses in the first two months of 2013 were 35.02 percent. And the other 18 regional markets' market shares were 64.98 percent. But for other segment bus markets, the top ten regional markets' concentration is over or nearly 65 percent. It indicates that the market concentration of the tourist buses is not as high as other bus markets and the balanced development of the tourist bus markets in China.
2. Hainan Province is the biggest tourist bus market for famous tourist attractions. Then it is followed by Sichuan Province.
3. Comparing to the same period of 2011, the market share of the tourist buses in each regional markets only change a litter and all of them increased. It indicates the tourist bus market in each regional area is in the relatively balanced situation.